A Laborer works as directed by the Crew Lead or Site Superintendent. Work may include but is not limited to: shoveling, raking, stringing, or other general labor or work on a dirt crew, paving crew, bridge crew, underground, or golf crew and occasionally operating small equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Rakes and shovels materials.
• Manual stringing for paving projects.
• Performs manual labor tasks associated with dirt work, paving, bridge work, or underground utility work.
• Performs necessary daily inspection and or maintenance of equipment used.
• Keeps equipment clean and in working order and prepares equipment for transport when needed.
• Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
• Follows Crew Lead’s instructions closely.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
• Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Education and Experience:
• OSHA Certification a plus.
• 1-3 years of equipment operation knowledge/experience a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
• Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Travel and some Saturday work are required.