A Golf Construction Laborer works as directed by the Crew Lead or Site Superintendent. Work may include but is not limited to: the use of hand tools, shoveling, raking, stringing and other general labor work on project crews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Level ground and prepare for sod
• Lay sod
• Dig holes for irrigation
• Cut pipe
• Locate utilities
• Level grades
• Digging/pounding stakes
• Placing erosion control materials.
• Assists in pouring and finishing concrete.
• Backfills trenches with soil or other materials.
• Works closely with other crew members using hand signals to coordinate work and ensure safety while working around equipment.
• Keeps equipment clean and in working order and prepares equipment for transport when needed.
• Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
• Follows Crew Lead’s instructions closely.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
• Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Construction understanding and knowledge.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
• Walk, bend, kneel, lift, climb, stretch and sit.
• Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Travel and some Saturday work are required.